Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Weekend isolating re-cap

 I don't want to make it sound as though I don't miss my peeps - I do.  I don't hear from them near enough and this week I have decided to stop texting them, unless they text me first.  Fair is fair.  And communication works both ways.  I'm sure they are trying to move through life the best they can and they don't need reminders from Mom and Dad so I am not sweating it....
Friday night saw us replacing our kitchen faucet.  I'm lucky that Hubby has a lot of general know-how and can do most home fixits.  But it was stressful, none-the-less. There was a lot of cussing involved.  We ate dinner and crashed.
The next morning I made us a good breakfast and packed up food for two lunches and a dinner, and we were off to Highlands. 
(Every weekend seems rainy or overcast!) There had been a pretty big storm the previous weekend.  We had some things to clear out of the storage unit, including a bunch of leftover supplies from the barn build-out that had managed to grow an impressive amount of mold.  (we will have to build up the gravel floor in the storage unit a bit more!)
red "bonnets"
{Insert dramatic "things going to hell" music}  Turned out that the lightening strike from a couple of weeks prior had shut down the pump.  (We didn't discover it until Hubby took a shower.)  After much googling  we were beyond relieved to discover that it was likely a $150 repair versus thousands for the actual well pump repair.
 A new pumpsaver is on order.  Crisis averted.
 This is some sort of spider web - they are all over the place
The rest of the weekend passed without incident.  We burned some stuff in the burn barrel.  Put the registration tags on Mabel and the trailer.
We enjoyed a firepit with some tasty beer, and a delicious dinner of roast pork from Easter. 
We admired the barn owl house, hoping for future residents (and sunnier days).  And we added some pegboard hooks to the kitchen wall in the barn and organized some schtuff.
 Come Sunday, the sun did make its way out and we got to bask in it a bit.  We stayed well past our usual go time and headed home very late.  And now here we are at Wednesday and here is my list of To-Do's for the day:
*grocery shop  ):
*make a pie with some wrinkly apples
*pick up a burger for lunch
*do some ironing
*work on the photo project 
*vac out the car and truck
*change the sheets
*clean the floors
*use my newly acquired Magic Erasers 
*read my book, maybe do some stitching



Happy Hump Day!


Gina

No comments: