Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Tacos and haircut in exchange

Firstborn showed up early last Saturday to help me with a tree limb problem. {I'm sure I will write a separate post banging on about that}  He got out the chainsaw, pole saw, and a cordless hand saw and between the two of us, we had the issue about 75% handled in less than an hour.
The rest was just bundling up branches and getting them to the curb.
Then I made him tacos.  
Which he complained about being too hot and too saucy as he basically inhaled them.  {Who are you?  Goldilocks?  You're welcome, son!}
 
In exchange for the yardwork I gave him a non-professional but highly functional mohawk.  Now why, you ask, would he, at the ripe old age of 31, want to start sporting a mohawk?  He says its comfortable.  Since he works basically outdoors in an automotive repair job, that seemed fair enough.  So I gave it a go.  And I think it came out OK.  And if its not OK, his hair grows really fast and he can get a real barber to cut it next time.
I think he looks quite nice, but he still hates posing for photos.  And I appreciate so much that he would show up on a Saturday, bright and early, to do yard work in August.  And since I also got a great hug,  I might have gotten the better end of the deal.


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

You did a great job...and I've heard that mohawks and mullets are back now. So he's right in style!