Friday, August 26, 2022

5 thing Friday - groceries, flowers, painting, Mom's watches, breakroom

 Last week's grocery haul was $47.79 and included flowers and wine.
I know it sounds silly for me to buy $5 wine as I am a wine club member of some wineries that sell very nice wine...but I needed something inexpensive for my little wine fridge. Plus, an occasional bottle of cheap wine makes you really appreciate the good stuff.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'm glad I bought the fresh flowers.  A week later and these Alstroemeria still look nice.  Buying yourself fresh flowers, even one of the $4 bunches, is a mood booster.  I am worth fresh flowers.
Painting with a Twist last Friday evening 'twas fun.
Did I make any friends?  No.  Did I have a fun time and eat a chicken slammer combo from Short Stop afterwards?  Yes.  
I hung my masterpiece it in the guest room.
Look at me.  Doing stuff.
I ordered a vintage Speidel watch band for one of my mother's favorite watches.  Can she still read the time on it?  Who knows.  But it will make her happy to have it back on her wrist.  The woman must have a dozen watches.  There is always one that needs a new battery and she is always misplacing them.  But whatever I can do to make her feel like I am paying attention and willing to help, I want to do.  I wish we lived closer but there's no sense in stewing over that.
She will never willingly move.
The breakroom at work - I think I have mentioned before that it is pathetic.
Look - even Marialice is sad about it.
No exit to the green space beyond these windows by decree of the hospital.
Expired foods and condiments, empty grocery sacks, storage of God knows how old sugar and sweetener packets.  Forgotten lunch kits from people who used to work here.  Magazines that are years old.  This place is like a bad page in time.
Four of us are going to devote two hours on a Sunday to clean it up.  We just have to pick a day we can all be here.  We will:  move the bookcase and cull through the books, clear off a couple of bulletin boards so that people can post pics of their kids/grandkids/fur babies/vacations, store food items off the tops of fridges, dump 99% of the crap in the cabinets, and add some salt and pepper shakers and a fresh bottle of dish soap.
Happy Weekend,


Gina

No comments: