Friday, August 5, 2022

5 thing Friday - next door, succulents, oats, me, stitching

The house next door to me is being sold or leased or whatever for the umpteeth time in the 25 years I have lived here.  Every time, there is a crew of maintenance people or a subcontractor or some such doing repairs or renovations. Literally every time.  Right now there's a dumpster in the driveway that's been there 3 weeks.
And on this latest go round they are leaving these super bright lights going day and night.  When I get home around 10:30 p.m., my kitchen and dining room are lit up! And they stay on all night.
The succulent pot I was sent a couple weeks ago is not only thriving, but sending out shoots.  I offered my green thumb girl to come see if she can propagate more from it's various shoots.  Seems a shame not to make even more plant babies.
{But I do believe in "gardening by choice" where baby plants are involved...}
My appetite has returned but not necessarily my love of breakfast, which is why I am so enjoying the whole overnight oats thing.  This one had oats, chia, applesauce, pumpkin seeds, maple sugar, and oat milk.  Its cool and chunky and creamy and altogether benign to my stomach in the morning.
Hello.
I wish I was not horrified by seeing myself in photos.  I feel like all they all say the same thing to me:  you've had a rough year.  And hopefully the only way to go is up.  My hair will eventually stop falling out.  I will be able to smile more, cry less.  I can meet people, do things, have fun, and smile.  And I am taking care of myself as best I can.
Another cross stitch heart like this one, only in black on grey fabric.  I think it will look pretty in my bedroom, or over my closet vanity shelf.  I've been stitching about an hour every day and it helps me relax.  Sometimes I talk out loud to myself.  Sometimes I listen to old music and sing along.  Always I feel creative and peaceful.
Happy weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You are so funny, Gina! Honestly, I stopped looking in the mirror. When I put my make up on, I have to do it, so I just pretend that I’m putting it on someone else. An elderly lady who seriously needs help. I received a number of succulent planters after my husband passed away, and you wouldn’t believe how big those plants are now. All you have to do is snap them off and stick them in soil, and they will root. You can also put them in water and they will root. I didn’t realize that you were a stitcher as well. Due to issues in my neck, I have lost a lot of feeling in my right hand, so I have difficulty stitching. I really miss being able to do it every day because, like you said, it’s relaxing.

Kim said...

We live in a neighborhood where the houses are super close together. Anytime anyone does any kind of renovation, our house shakes and rumbles. Luckily, it's infrequent. I hope whatever is going on next door is finished quickly and you get your quiet back soon.