Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Dinner ideas for one person

 Last week's grocery haul totaled $47.35, and that included $5 for pocket money.  As you can see, there were non-foods items in here, too.  But since I buy everything at the grocery store, I'm including those things in my $50/week budget.  Yes, I still have things to eat in the freezer and pantry, so I'm starting at an advantage.  The grocery haul will be more practical as I slowly cycle through some of the food I already have.  I think that there will be weeks that $50 doesn't go very far.  But I also won't always be buying wine, flowers, and toiletries!  
Anyhoodles.  Here are my meal ideas for one person!

25 Budget friendly meals for one person


  1. Lentil and pasta soup – load it with veggies, serve with cheese toast

  2. Chicken fried rice

  3. Bean and Veggie Taco Bowl – black beans as the base

  4. One pot pasta chicken, brussels sprouts, and mushroom

  5. Shakshuka and toast – load it with onions and peppers

  6. Egg, avocado, tomato toast – can add a slice of deli turkey or ham

  7. Grilled cheese and deli meat (of any kind) with pureed soup (pea, tomato, potato)

  8. Bowtie Pasta with broccoli and lots of parmesan

  9. Burrito with rice, a protein, onion, tomato, avocado

  10. Tilapia with a veggie brown rice, garlic toast

  11. Chicken, sweet potato, and onion skillet

  12. Mole Pork in tacos or enchiladas with sweet potato, or some O&P

  13. Carnitas - fix in crock – serve over rice or in a taco

  14. Lemon chicken breast with twice baked or mashed, add a veggie

  15. Creamy cheese grits with a couple fried eggs, toast and jam

  16. Fish tacos made with tilapia, add salad greens and cheese/sour cream

  17. Ramen soup with bone broth, chicken or pork, veggies, egg

  18. Pork sausage and rice skillet with veggies 

  19. SOS (ground beef or pork) over toast with a veggie

  20. Use up any prepared foods you already have in pantry or freezer

  21. Banana Pancakes made with oats, sausages on the side

  22. Sheet pan meals with chicken and assorted fresh veg

  23. Mac and cheese, add beef crumbles, taco seasoning. {Or any pasta box/protein/veg combo}

  24. Chicken breasts or thighs in crock pot with some kind of sauce, serve with rice or potatoes

  25. French Toast with fruit and sausages

******
I'm going to try to add in as many fresh veggies as I can and keep meals simple and sized for one.  But I'm sure I will have leftovers now and again and those I can take for my lunch at work.  I will tweak my list as the seasons and weekly grocery ad changes!


Gina

No comments: