Monday, August 1, 2022

Empty Nest menu #130

Summer drags on.  But its FINALLY August.  And I find that the heat can really do a number on my appetite, not to mention I feel really tired at the end of my workday.  Heck, even tired at the end of a weekend day... 
It might not be soup weather, but there's something about a bowl of ramen that is comforting to me.  I used to make it on the daily when I was in college.  It was cheap, what can I say.  But also, its adaptable.  You can add veggies, meat, different broths...whatev.  And I usually use only half of the seasoning packet, but I don't guess you could call it low sodium because of that.

Monday - Grilled Chicken Breast, summer squash, buttery rice
TuesdayQuesadilla with bell pepper and onion on spinach tortillas, salad
Wednesday - Tilapia, a twice baked, brussels sprouts {working late}
Thursdaya freezer meal, steamed carrots on the side {working late}
Friday - TBD  {working late tonight and I'm on call through next Wednesday}
Saturday - TBD
SundayLemony Shrimp, pasta with peas, salad with diced peaches 
******
 A lot of times I come home, look at the thing I have planned and think "I don't want that".  If I've thawed it out already, OK, I'll cook it.  But sometimes I veer wildly from my meal plan.  All of the food gets eaten, just maybe not in the same order, or even for dinner.  Might end up being a lunch.
Might end up eating ramen noodles instead.


Gina

No comments: