Friday, July 29, 2022

5 thing Friday - food trucks, faucet, plant babies, socializing, earrings

I found a mini food trailer park really close to my house and stopped by for lunch last Friday. 
There were many options - Jamaican, Thai, burgers...but I went with carne asada fries with queso and an ice cold Horchata from Sopa de Fideo and was not disappointed.  Under the trees it wasn't too hot to eat outside and the lady at the food truck was super friendly.
However, next time I will try the torta with carne asada because she seemed pretty jazzed about that - side of queso, please..  
The saga with the outside faucet continues...
A pretty succulent pot sent by a friend last Friday.  I hope I can keep this alive - I'm having a hard time getting my plants to thrive - even the ones in the kitchen window, outside of the heat.
Exhibit A:
I rescued the spearmint plant from the patio and trimmed it back.  Hopefully, he will survive - if not I will plant another aloe vera in this pot.
Sadly, I gave up on the orchid who suddenly dropped all of her flowers and checked out.  I bought a coconut liner from Lowe's so I could re-use the orchid pot, added a dracena, and this will go BACK to The Girl's apartment.  We really have to stop batting plants back and forth.  I'm starting to really enjoy the fake ones, thanks.
The "Taste of Turkey" on Wednesday evening was educational and delicious.
I sat with some nice people who have a trip to Turkey planned for next month. They told me to look for them whenever I'm at the winery or at pick-up parties.   Made new friends, rejoined the wine club, ate some tasty Turkish food.  Wins all around.
The ladies at Spur are working on my pearls and the above photo is what they are aiming for.  I could not be more pleased!  I love the bezel setting for my little diamonds and although this photo makes the earrings look large, I think they will be perfectly proportional and easy to wear.  I envision them being heirlooms for future Cannary brides and to that end, I may have to have my portrait made, wearing them, giving them some provenance.  Whatcha think?
Happy weekend!


Gina

No comments: