Monday, July 18, 2022

Empty Nest menu #128

The latest collection of fabric hearts for IFAQH: 
I keep leaving them, hoping they will be found and add a little happy to this world.
It does make me happy, having a creative outlet!

Monday - Lemon Pepper Chicken, twice baked, broccoli
Tuesday - Coconut Shrimp, rice, green beans
Wednesday - Foccacia Pizza, baby greens salad {meeting a friend here}
Thursday - Carnitas Bowl with leftover rice, black beans, avocado and etc.
Friday - Hatch Chicken Salad Wraps, chips, watermelon {off, errands to do and going to grab a beer with The Girl and Bubbie}
Saturday - Mark's favorite: Hamburger Patties, pork and beans, mashed potatoes* for a family meal
Sunday - Kitchen closed!
******
In college, Hubby had an apartment with two other guys.  They shared cooking duties and "specialties".  This was Mark's signature dish, probably served with iced tea.  Whenever I would ask him "what should I cook this week" he always asked for it.  I think he was mainly being silly, but eating it brought back happy memories of his college days.
Mark, 1983


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I admire the versatility of your meals. I didn’t feel like cooking on Monday, so I ordered a pork steak from a barbecue place near my house. This barbecue place is known for their delicious and massively big pork steaks. I’ve now had it two days in a row, and have enough for tomorrow. I’m going to freeze the rest of that pork steak for later, I just can’t face it another day. How do you manage to make individual portions of food? I’ve been at this for over six years, and I still can’t manage it.