Friday, July 8, 2022

5 thing Friday - Tajin, Scout, solitude, yarn birds, quick dinner

Have you ever tried Tajin?  I don't buy the dry version any more because I really don't need to be adding extra salt and sugar to my food, but on a whim I bought the hot sauce. 
(which by the way is not low in salt either...)
Supposedly its got a hint of apricot?  But really all I taste is chilies and lime and it is DELICIOUS on cold watermelon and orange segments.
Stole this pic from Scout's Instagram because I thought he looked so handsome.  I guess he's out of the pink/teal/blond phase for his hair, but either way I think he looks like exactly who he is: a kind person with a good heart and gentle ways.  He and Dutch are well-matched.
I like my introvert/alone time but it can seem like too much at times and yes, I know I need to investigate groups and classes and such.  Its a work in progress.  Meanwhile, home is my sanctuary - a place that is calm and smells beautiful and has everything I need to be comfortable and its not lost on me how fortunate I am, even in the midst of grief.  Lately it seems very lonely here.
If you use your imagination, you might see birds here.  I still need to get the yellow felt for beaks and some black beads for eyes.  Just a little crafty thing that kept me busy last weekend!
This was a very good meal: a package of Knorr creamy garlic shells with a half cup of grated cheese stirred in after it had thickened, topped with a sauteed yellow squash, red onion, and garlic mixture, then finished off with  "blackened" (sort of) shrimp on top.  It took about 15 minutes to fix and was very comforting to tuck into after a long day at work.
Cheers to the weekend!


Gina

No comments: