Friday, July 15, 2022

5 thing Friday - eye injury (again), magnifying glass, advice, mirror, evening sky

One day last week I managed to poke my bare eyeball with my bath towel as I was drying off from my shower.  It hurt and I was a little freaked out about it so I took a series of pictures to share so that if someone found me blind and wandering the streets, they would know how it all started...





I looked pretty freaked out in all of the photos, but really, I was calm, considering.  And I must have it hit it pretty hard!  And today you can't see it.
Crisis over.
Speaking of eyes...I'm trying to not spend unnecessarily, but I bought this lighted magnifying glass on Amazon that has probably saved me from eye strain and made it possible to work on this bookmark cross stitch kit from The Girl.
And working late this week has given me more hours to work on it.  And now I can work on some other projects that were causing me eyestrain.  So, good purchase, I recommend!
I wished I had been mentally strong enough to follow this advice months ago.  Simply decline - I love that.  Fits so many situations! These things pop up in my Insta feed and they speak to me.
I was getting ready for work yesterday and thought "I need a full-length mirror".  Then I remembered that I have THREE of them, one in each extra bedroom, so I ripped one of them off the wall and nailed it right up in my bedroom.  Then I patched and painted the wall I took it down from and no one need be the wiser.
A July sky at 9 p.m. in Austin, Texas at my my hospital.  Just a really pretty view from the top floor of the parking garage.  Here comes the rain and we so need it!


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes that looks like it was very painful, glad it's gone...and yes, saying no is very important. I've gotten pretty good at it lately.

Anonymous said...

I had broken blood vessels in one of my eyes, and I was shocked when I saw it in the mirror one morning. I think it was from rubbing it too vigorously while I slept. It went back to normal in about 5-6 days, but it was scary looking. I have also cut the skin on my back from scratching at night; no recollection of that, but my tank was bloody.
Susan