Friday, September 2, 2022

Tree issues as a metaphor for life

 Let me preface this by saying that Mark would be just as stressed as I was about the Chinese Pistache losing an entire limb for no apparent reason.  {This year I have spent a LOT of money on the trees.}
But that's exactly what happened and it did stress me out.  We have had zero severe weather and I never even heard a crack sound.  In fact, I distinctly remember admiring the view of the backyard on Friday night.
It seems like one thing after another - I know that realistically, this comes with home ownership.  And I hate to harp on this, but I left SO MUCH up to Mark and just assumed he would always take care of things and that's where I made my first mistake.  I'm learning now what I should have learned then.
You know what they say happens...sh*t.  And truly, it does.
Lucky for me, Firstborn helped me dispatch that big limb in less than an hour.  Bundling everything up was no fun, but I did get it done.  Then I raked a ton of debris off the yard and mowed.  I need to call the tree company who trimmed the oaks and get them to come out and assess this tree.  And I know there will always be something - that's just how it is.
Its always gonna be something.


Gina

No comments: