Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Weekend: loose ends and lists

 Last Saturday I bounded out of bed at 5 a.m. to be able to leave by 5:20, get gas, then head out to pick grapes at my favorite winery, only to discover, after I had driven allthewaythere that it was the next weekend.  Oooops.  I'm on call Saturday, so that's a no-go.  Since I had planned to visit Highlands tomorrow and gather big trash for bulky pick-up, I just went ahead and took care of it.
Driving up to the barn now feels eerie to me.  I think I have made the right decision in my mind - its time to sell.  But meanwhile, I will need to clear out the storage container, barn, and pumphouse.  I made a list of the things I will need to get working on, including calling the realtor.
I put as much stuff in the truck bed as I could fit.  I will set it out on the curb at Rustown tomorrow.  By Sunday, a bunch of it will be gone, as the scrap metal and junk dealers will make their rounds.  I think I still have a few things at home that can go out there as well.  I was only at Highlands for an hour or so, then I headed out.  {still need to mow the place and fix that pipe but those will have to wait}
I stopped off in Bertram to watch the Oatmeal Festival parade and visit some vendors to buy a few stocking stuffers and gifts, including a cactus for me!  Everyone I chatted with was so friendly - gotta love small Texas towns.
And I ate possibly the best hand-dipped corndog and freshly popped kettle corn ever.  Then I stopped by 7 Creeks to say hello, intending to stick around to hear Spicy Loops play.  But the grey skies were doing a number on my psyche, so I enjoyed my free glass of wine, said hello to him at the tasting bar, then head home.
Another thing that doesn't feel right: being the first one to arrive to anything, alone.
I showered at home, got some things done around the house, then treated myself to a burger with truffle fries and a "Death by Coconut" draft at Oskar Blues for dinner.  {I did manage to eat a few healthy things over the course of two days, though!}  
On Sunday I did more putseying around the house, including a deep clean and organizing of my office/craft room.  I took the Cricut to the garage - looking at it only made me feel guilty and annoyed.  I will list it for sale or offer it to The Girl.  I started a project in the backyard that didn't go as planned so I put up all of my tools and came inside for a shower and to put my feet up and read.  
And for sure, I need to come up with a strategy to make weekends more relaxing!


Gina

No comments: