Friday, September 9, 2022

5 thing Friday - Randy, FB memories, crochet, Texas Sage, reading

Last week, my supervisor had his last day at work - he is transferring to another site.  Normally we are terrible as a collective group about telling someone goodbye, but this time funny signs and balloons were hung all over, a nice lunch was catered, everyone actually got to eat, a group photo was made...
...and there were hugs all around.
I have worked with him since I was in XR school in 1993.  Its weird not having him around and we are all pretty overworked and stressed (not his fault) so his absence is definitely felt.

I love it when FB reminds me with a photo of my peeps.  I always copy and share it with them.  Other than that, I don't use it too much.
The Girl is still at it with her crochet.  Her pumpkin has a wine cork stem.  She is just too much.  My crafty and pretty baby girlie has a birthday on Monday!
The Texas Sage at Highlands blooms like mad when it rains.  I guess this is a wild/native plant?  I know you can purchase them for your landscaping and they aren't cheap.  They are all over the place and some are quite huge.  I wish I could take them with me when I sell.
On the advice of my counseling lady I purchased this book, which was basically free to me with Amazon credits from my Capital One card.  Its a great book, but when I finish it, I'm going to put the grief books away for a few months.  I have a GriefShare class starting on Sunday and I think it will be all the grief "learning" I can handle for the next few weeks...
Happy Weekend!


Gina

No comments: