Friday, September 23, 2022

5 thing Friday - wine club, car issues, breakroom, tiny crockpot, succulents

Lunch on Saturday at 7 Creeks was nice - grilled beef kebabs on a bed of cilantro rice with a very delish fresh mint sauce.
But as I sat there, alone, listening to my favorite music and sipping my wine I thought how different it felt and how it would probably always feel that way without Mark sitting right next to me.  And I wondered, "why am I holding on to all of these things?  These Mark and Gina things.  Why not forge new interests at new places?"  So I will.  Little by little, starting with dropping this wine club, through no fault of theirs.
Its unreasonable for me to feel angry about this, but WHY did they not replace the glove box clips they removed when checking my cabin air filter?  I just went in for an oil change.  It took waaaay longer than I was told it would and I don't need a cabin air filter.  At least put the dang clips back.
Because if you don't, and I open the glove box and it falls to the floor and I can't get it back together?  I will drive back over, make you fix it,  and probably leave you a poor review on Yelp.  Rage.
One of the projects I worked on last weekend was a breakroom refresh at work with three other co-workers.  It took 4 of us several hours to toss old food and plasticware from the cabinets, ditto for the fridges (3), clean and rearrange furniture, clear off the bulletin board so we could have a place for pics of our families and pets, and wipe down literally everything.  Bags of trash were taken out, bags of items went to Goodwill, and one of the nurses arranged for the whole thing to be painted.  Welcome to Cafe Rad.
Something I learned to do this week was clean my car battery's terminals.
Which did me zero good because the battery had drained down too far.  So I also learned how to give my battery a jump (thanks to the neighbor for his patient teaching).  Its good I haven't sold the truck yet, for many reasons...  And after driving to AutoZone, purchasing a new battery, not being able to get it installed because the nut on the positive terminal of the old battery had melted, I drove it back home and parked it in the driveway and told Firstborn I would see him on Saturday at his shop.
I can only handle so much car stress in one day.
This is a tomorrow problem, for sure.
My tiny crock pot is perfect for one person.  Last night it accommodated two big chicken thighs, some taco seasoning, curry powder, and half a can of tomatoes.  Served over mashed potatoes with a side salad.  
That was good.
I knew this succulent arrangement was going to eventually die.  It was just a matter of time.  This is why I love faux plants in decor...
Happy Weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Gina I just realized one of the reasons I love to read ur blog. You have a structured life, still, adding & subtracting things to find the right balance.I'm attracted to the calmness & order you have while dealing with your grief every day. My comfortable, structured life went out the window 2 years ago when I had to retire bc of health problems which progressed into chronic pain & being homebound. I don't have the anchor of work, co-workers, and activities anymore & struggle with getting some kind of structure & touch points back in there.

Kim said...

I bought a new crock pot online recently and didn't pay attention to the size. It's huge. Silly huge. Makes me laugh whenever I take it out.