Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Vintage folding chairs, take two

Years ago, a friend gave me the cutest owl-patterned oilcloth she had ordered off Etsy for a project and decided not to use.  I used it to re-cover some chair seats on some very old folding chairs so that we could have extra dining table seating that was easily stored.
I loved how they came out!  And we did use them at home up until a couple of years ago when we took them to Highlands to use.  And that was a big mistake...
 I figured the chairs were indestructible, making them good candidates for using around a round metal table we had in a shady spot.
 Dumb of me, I know.  The rain, the heat, and the bugs {not to mention about 5 years out there} did their thing and now the chairs are a DISASTER.
 UGH.  I am so annoyed with myself.  So it looks like I have a Fall project to keep me busy.  I will need to remove the seats, unstaple the fabric, sand and seal the wood, add new fabric, and give them a coat of Rustoleum.  Then they will live at Rustown, safe from the elements.
As luck would have it, the Etsy shop that sold the fabric to my friend still has the material and she and I are working on the details of getting it to me.  So by Thanksgiving I will once again have some cute folding chairs to use for extra seating.  Wish me luck on this project - its going to be messy!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

These are SO CUTE!!! I like that fabric, too. Thanks for the reminder that I have some gorgeous fabric just crying out to be put onto a seat that I use at the vanity in the bathroom. That needs to be one of my projects for fall!