Friday, September 25, 2020

5 thing Friday - smoky sunset, weeds, work friends, views, change

The smoke from fires in California made for an interesting sunset last Saturday.  A pink sky and a tiny orange pink sun.  Pretty, but so ominous.
In the foreground of the above pic you can just make out these flowers.  They are Septic Weed (Senna Occidentalis).  Ugly name, pretty flowers.  They are all over Highlands as we have had a wet end to our summer in Central Texas.
I have known a woman for years who is one of those people that you either like or don't like, and I felt  both ways as we had a tricky relationship at work.  For really no reason.  We came to an understanding eventually, and she emails me occasionally.  Its nice to be on the other side of all that work drama.  So when I saw her lunch kit in the window at work,  I froze for a moment!  I sent her a pic of it and she laughed, wondering what had happened to it.  Someone is using it!
The scene from the top of the parking garage.  I am treated to various degrees of beautiful skies at the end of my workday, and for that I am grateful.  Particularly as I can now use the elevator so I park allthewayatthetop just to catch the views.
I planted a tiny thumb of a cactus from Highlands in a pretty pot for another work friend who is leaving.  (and there's a pretty sparkly rock there that will look more to scale as the cactus grows) I feel like that was more sentimental than anything I could buy.  A piece of my future home to a spot in her future home.   Its hard to say goodbye to even casual work friends, and all around me seems to be change and more change.  I feel like I'm still here, and all of them are leaving, and maybe its time for me to decide where to go next...


Gina


No comments: