Friday, November 22, 2019

Corks

Months ago Hubby brought home 3000+ corks.  I am not kidding.  THREE THOUSAND.
They are from a co-worker of his who used to be a bartender.
One of my putsey-ing activities on Sunday was to sort through the bags of them, pulling the plastic ones out for recycling and putting the rest in a box.  What in the world am I going to do with all of them!?
I already have them in various places around my house.  
In a giant IKEA vase in the kitchen...
...a smaller vase in Scout's old room...
...in the china cabinet...
...and, in a few of my potted plants.  {Which I like the looks of, but let's just see if the squirrels will let them be.}
And while I love the organic look of corks, I am growing weary of trying to find ways to use them.  I have already done a couple of crafts with them, and I kind of feel over it.  I might use some of them for place card holders on the Thanksgiving table if I can dig out my glue gun in time to do that.  I offered a bag to my sister, but I really have no idea what to do with the rest!  P.S. my collection grows a little every weekend...


Gina

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

My 4-H club uses them to make crafts with to enter in our fair. Maybe check out some local clubs.