Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Weekend re-cap: Valentina's BBQ, SABG, 4th Tap, Camp Rustown

Much to Hubby's disgust, I was on call this last weekend.  It always means I pretty much cocoon in my home (which is lovely) and get a lot of productive putsey-ing done, just waiting for the phone to ring. This last go-round, I didn't get called in.  Which is actually too bad, since we have an expensive two months ahead of us.
By 7 p.m. on Saturday we were rarin' to go.  It had been a looong time since our pizza for lunch.
We checked out a BBQ place in South Austin that we had been wanting to try, mainly because the guy at Young's in San Saba told us how much HE loved it.
It absolutely did not disappoint.
We each got one taco and split an order of chips and queso.  And although we totally could have eaten twice that, we saved some calories for beer to follow.
It was an absolutely delicious meal and we will return if we are ever in the neighborhood again. But my goodness, Manchaca is far away!
Just down the road was South Austin Beer Garden.
We sat at their chimenea outside and enjoyed a beer with some friendly people.
The next day, I slept in, made us a good breakfast, then set about finishing up my list of things to do around the house.  Hubby bought mulch - the wrong color - and I just went ahead and put it down.  Smells great, looks great, who cares.  Life is too short.
I also set up the Thanksgiving table.  Now that thats done, I can focus on the menu.  {I will share a little about it on Monday.}  Hubby grilled up some chicken I had marinating and we had a baked potato and veggie as go-withs.  We ran over to 4th Tap and had our growler filled with some delightful coffee beer, then proceeded to drink it by the firepit on our back patio.
A perfectly lovely evening and I was all rested up for the week, which is good - the hospital is cranking into high gear for respiratory season...


Gina

No comments: