Monday, November 11, 2019

Empty Nest Un-Menu #13

For Lucky #13 on the Empty Nest meal plan I have things in the freezer that I need to use so that I can clean it up and get it ready for the holidays.
*two Grilled Honey Dijon Pork Chops
*Tater Tot Casserole
*assorted frozen veggies
*half a bag of potstickers
*several Tilapia filets
*one pound ground beef
*a roll of breakfast sausage
*2 small twice baked potatoes
*half a jar of TJ's Autumnal Pasta Sauce
*half a pound of Elgin sausage links
*Hamburger Soup

Additionally I have these things in the pantry to use up:
*a package of linguini
*jar of Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo
*1 can butternut squash soup
*a box of Red Beans and Rice mix
*potatoes
*a LOT of rice
*pancake mix
*2 boxes mac and cheese
*Asiago cheese croutons
*Italian breadcrumbs

So what I'm going to do is get creative and use these things up!  It will help my grocery budget and avoid waste.  Plus its fun to figure out what to make - kind of like that cooking show where they give you unrelated items and you have to figure it out...
What's on the menu this week at your house?  Surely I'm not the only one getting ready for holiday cooking!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie said...

My life is in shambles! Number two son, his wife, and their two cats moved in with me five weeks ago while they await the completion of their new home. Nine days left, and counting, but it has completely put me off my game. Once they (and their gobs and gobs of stuff) make their exit, I will switch into holiday cooking mode, and hopefully get back on track.