Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Weekend re-cap: on-call, Highlands, Wedding Oak, 7 Creeks, home

 This is going to be short and sweet I guess, because I didn't take a lot of photos...
 All I need are boots and a shawl!
I was on call Saturday {7a - 7p} and I did get called in for about 2 hours, but I also got a LOT done.  I bought groceries, shopped at Kohl's to find a dress to wear to Hubby's work Christmas party ($9!), trimmed up the wandering jew in the backyard, did some Thanksgiving planning, did some filing, went as far as I could on Bubbie's FAFSA, and did some odds and ends housework.  At 6:30p I figured I was safe to leave town, so I headed to Highlands where we enjoyed fondue and steak bites at the campsite until verrry late.
The next day, Hubby did HIS share of chores at Highlands, {mostly working on the burn barrel and replacing some motion sensor lights} then we went to Wedding Oak's pick-up party, which featured live music and wood fired pizza - yum!
 
The weather was perfect, the patio filled up with friendly people enjoying a hefty discount on their wines (so everyone stayed longer!), and we met a nice couple who had just moved to Burnet from California.
That pizza oven was like a gigantic BBQ pit on wheels and turned out some of the best wood fired pizza I've had in a long time.  We stopped by 7 Creeks on our way home, chatted under the oaks for a while, then headed home to enjoy some salmon for dinner.  And the weekend ended all too soon.  This coming weekend I am on call for ALL of it, so I hope to get my table decorated for Thanksgiving dinner, pull down the silver, make sure I have enough plates and chargers...and generally just putsy at home while Hubby, I'm sure, will be at Highlands.  But since we are having to buy a new water heater, I almost hope I DO get called in..


Gina

No comments: