Monday, November 18, 2019

Empty Nest Menu #14

Last week's un-menu was a success as I used up almost all of the things I did not want to waste, got all of the Thanksgiving menu plans made, and will go grocery shopping tomorrow.  Since I work Thanksgiving evening, I want to be organized so that I can enjoy the morning and lunch with my peeps!
Monday - (Last of the freezer meals) Hoisin Chicken, rice, peas {dentist appointment}
Tuesday - Mississippi Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots {start crock on my way to store}
Wednesday - Baked beans with ground turkey*, kale {give carpets a quick once over with the steam cleaner}
Thursday - Kitchen closed - eat at Pok-e-Joe's  {Getting a new water heater today, and cutting Firstborn's hair at lunchtime AND It's my birthday and I'm off for the next 4 days!}
Friday - Leftover roast served open-faced style on garlic toast with red onion and cheese slice {going to Brenham to check on my mother, then to Highlands in the evening}
Saturday - Chicken Tacos {to Fiesta Winery tasting room in Marble Falls, then STW to interview the owners and have a birthday beer, then home.  The Girl and Teddy arrive!}
Sunday - Rest of the Tilapia, rest of the pot stickers, rest of the kale {roasting the turkey today}
{Tomorrow we'll eat Taco Salads and Tuesday I will shop for the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday}
******

*the working mom's friend: A pound of ground beef or turkey, cooked with half a chopped onion and some garlic, simmered with a can of BBQ beans.  Serve with cornbread and a smile.



Gina

No comments: