Friday, November 8, 2019

5 thing Friday - knobs, blankets, dining, decor, harvest decor

I bought some knobs at Hob Lob to switch out with the ones on my extended desk:
 I bought 5 of them  each one different and beautiful. The one above - so pretty!
You can still see the small holes left by the previous knobs on this mid-century desk.  Someday, I will fill those holes, sand, and re-stain and seal...some day.  For now, I love the beautiful knobs - all ceramic with brass, some with gold paint.
 At 7 Creeks, there is a basket near the back door that is full of folded Mexican blankets.  They are for you to wrap around yourself to stay comfortable out on the patio or in the yard.  I loved the idea so much that I bought a collection of them to place by the backdoor at Camp Rustown.  They are destined for fire pit sittin' and wine sippin' and stayin' cozy.
I thoroughly cleaned the floors and put two leafs in the dining table.  We are having EIGHT of our peeps and significant others for Thanksgiving!  Plans are already in the works for the menu.  When it get s a little closer I am going to work on my tablescape using:
...these gorgeous blue velvet pumpkin sprigs, some magnolia garland, and some pinecones.  Since they were trying to get rid of  "harvest decor" (already??!) I got the manager to mark down these pumpkins sprigs to $1.25 apiece since a few of them were missing their stems.  I can work with that.
 {I'm still loving the chocolate brown front door, so that was a good decision}  I finally got around to getting some mums (a quick stop into Home Depot near the hospital) and some gourds (5 bucks at HEB).
 When they bloom a little more they will be beautiful!
I so love mums and gourds and pumpkin and just Fall in general!  It kills me that as soon a Halloween is over, Retail thinks its time for Christmas.  Everything they're hawking is a reindeer or snow, and folks...that just doesn't happen in Central Texas.  So, pardon me, but let me enjoy my pumpkin spice harvest goodness until November 29th.  At which time it will be full-on Christmas here.  But not before.


Gina

No comments: