Friday, November 15, 2019

I made my kitchen bigger this morning!

You know how one change in your home generally leads to another?  And another.  And another.  I mean, there are so many improvements we could be making here since all of the "kids" are pretty much gone.  Things we put off for a long time.  Getting my own creative space, for one.
{This used to be Firstborn's room, then later it was The Lounge.}  I got the desks in.  Got the closet organized.  Ish.  Got the carpets clean, the walls fresh.  But now I have no tabletop space to spread a project out.  So that's what is happening in here on the floor.
 Unless you count the ironing board as a crafting space.  Meanwhile...in the kitchen...gee, its dark in here.
When we first moved in, the kitchen seemed large.  Our peeps were small (there were only three) and we actually had a leaf in this kitchen table which took up the entirety of the breakfast nook.
Thinking back,  I don't even know how we did that!
But over the past few years, even removing the leaf  didn't make it feel roomier in here and with the dishwasher open it was impossible to get around.  So, I made a brilliant plan to move the table into my craft/office space to solve two problems.  Then I attempted to move it.  Nope.  That circa 1970 table is wider and heavier than it looks.
Then I thought:  there's only two people living here, why do I need 4 chairs in here.  It was a real duh moment.
I moved them out, re-positioned the chairs, mopped the floors and went on living my life.  And now the kitchen seems a tad bit bigger.  I still have to find some sort of crafting table for my craft room, but I think I am going to look into a folding one, and we actually have two of those at Highlands.  And maybe, just maybe, I will finally spruce up that table and chairs with some paint, which I have wanted to do for years!


Gina

No comments: