Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Curtains are a pain

I always think it will be so simple to hang curtains - simply install a rod, buy the curtains, hang the darn things.  And yet, it never is simple!  I have literally meant to do this in our bedroom for YEARS.  I finally got to it: ordered a nice tension rod and curtains from Kohl's. Hung them up.  Hated them.  Ordered new ones, which are not really wide enough, but I only wanted to frame the window.
I thought, why not live with it a minute and see what I think.  They are a nice creamy white and sort of sheer.   To keep them from dragging I tied a knot in them and left them alone for a week.
 The knot looks dumb, but oh well.  I sort of like them, so maybe I can hem them.
 I let them lay on the floor a day or two until I stopped procrastinating.
 
 And one day when I had half an hour, I hemmed them up to where they almost touch the floor.  {And they are only there to frame the window, after all}
Are my hemming skills superior?  No.  I used a cream colored thread because I didn't have any white and I just wanted to GET IT DONE already.
They're OK I guess.  I'm tired of fooling with it.  Like so many projects around here I have the desire to have it done, but getting there involves indecision and hassle.  And maybe a bit of laziness.  But now we will live with them a while and I can move on to other things.  Does this ever happen to anyone else?  Start a simple project that becomes a buggaboo?


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

I think they look great...and you sew like I sew, to get it done. No one looks that close. :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Well I had to smile because my mantra is "This SHOULD have been SO simple". I like the curtains and love that nice, big window. I've left a few of the bedroom curtains to 'puddle' on the floor and it's been okay and others, I've hemmed. My most recent thing that was going to be easy: Replacing one chair in the living room. I ordered online from Wayfair. I held up the measurements of the new chair. I knew it would be smaller but still okay and then decided to order two since they were reasonable. The day they were to arrive, we took the old chair to the curb. The new ones arrived. Hubby put them together and even though I thought they were too small, I let him put the second together. I hated them. I left them out for two days. Hated them even more. Took them apart, had to rewrap, rebox them. They're so big now we have to borrow neighbor's truck to haul the boxes to FedEx to return and get our refund (minus 58.00 for shipping). I thought this would be so much easier than going to a bunch of furniture stores and then paying to have it delivered. Wrong lol.