Friday, November 17, 2023

Gift idea: Easy Christmas Fudge

 A friend gave me the most delish fudge a few Christmases ago so I got the recipe from her!  The perfect "tacky homemade*" for my peeps.

Easy Christmas Fudge
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I'll be using this brand)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 T butter
1 t vanilla extract (plus a T of bourbon or rum if you like!)

Lightly grease a 9 inch square pan, lining with plastic wrap that extends over the edges of the dish so that you have handles to lift the fudge out later.  In a double boiler over simmering water, combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla.  Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts or other items, if you like. Pour it into the prepared dish, smooth out the top, refrigerate 'til firm, then cut into squares.

Now. Here are the variations I am doing:
White Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios (might add a swirl of green to this)
White Chocolate Toasted Coconut
Gingerbread Crumble Dark Chocolate Fudge
Peanut Butter Pretzel Dark Chocolate Fudge

I plan on giving each person two different zip bags of fudge in these burlap sacks I made.  Tied up with a cinnadough ornament and maybe tucking the recipe inside, I think it will be sweet!
Afterwards, they can hang these and let the scent remind them of Christmas!


Gina


*"tacky homemades" is what my mother always called it when she made you something for Christmas - and yet I treasure these things, especially now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Mmmm...I love fudge, but I've never made it since I thought it was very complicate. I think I could handle this! Thanks for sharing...I'm going to pin it now.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love homemade gifts like this. The peanut butter and pretzel version sounds amazing, although I wouldn’t say “no” to any of it. My family enjoys fruitcake, so I used my late husband‘s recipe and made one the other day. It took me the entire day! It did come out beautifully, and everyone will get some in a cello bag tied with a ribbon this season.