Friday, September 6, 2019

Friday shift change

I can tell the sunset is happening earlier in the evenings, as I walk to my car parked far away from  the very full employee lot!  And I won't have that problem today!
Today, instead of stopping at 10 a.m. to get ready for work, then leaving the house at 10:30, I get to go in later!  One of my co-workers is off, so I volunteered to work her shift, giving me a much-needed block of time in the morning to get some things done:

*get Subie's tire pressures checked
*get my hair cut
*take some books to resale and buy new ones, heck I might even go to the library!
*buy The Girl a birthday gift
*erase my ipod of Bubbie's music and re-load my own
*water my fig tree and the backyard potted plants
*clean out the red rocks and bag leaves
*do some minor filing
*maybe work on my cork project 

At 1 p.m., I plan to enjoy a lunch break AND a nap before getting a shower at 2 p.m. and heading to work.  I feel like its almost as exciting as getting a day off!  With any luck, we will be busy enough to make the time fly, and I will be tucked in my bed shortly after midnight.  Seems silly to be so happy about a change in shift, but I have gotten nothing done but chores this week.  And if I can start the weekend with an empty To Do list? 
 So much better.
Happy Weekend!



No comments: