Friday, December 29, 2023

A 2023 recap, of sorts

 I wrote a 2023 post on my other blog and it was a virtual litany of all of the calamities that befell me...  Its not like good things didn't also happen!  During the year I learned a lot about myself - some of it reaffirming.  Yes, its been very hard to lose both Mark and Mother, and those losses seem magnified at the end of the year.  But also yes that I have made progress with several things this year that I am proud of: moving into a new job, continuing to manage my house, making new friends.
Change is tough, but so am I.
Bubbie turned 25 on Christmas Day, not 52 ha!

All four of my peeps came over for Christmas. Everyone seemed to get along and enjoy each other's company, they were pleased with their gifts from me, and we all enjoyed a good dinner and firepit time.  So the year is ending (mostly) softly and I've had a good five days off from work to rest and recharge, to organize and clean, think about plans. 
This weekend I will sit with my calendar and make resolutions. I will fill in important dates for 2024. I will make out menus and a grocery list for fillers.
And I know there will be hard days still, since turning a page in a calendar doesn't change everything. But I am ready to leave 2023 behind.
You, too?
Happy New Year!  Its going to be great, but that's because we'll make it so!


Gina

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I’m so happy to hear that things worked out well for you. As depressed as I was for the entire month of December, I have to say that things worked out well for me too. I had two days of celebration, one on the 24th, the other on the 26th, both of which turned out to be delights. I enjoyed my solitude on Christmas Day. Here’s hoping 2024 is good to us both.

LaNell from Texas said...

Happy New Years! Hope 2024 brings happiness and contentment.

Jeanne said...

Prayers that 2024 will be a good year for you. Change can be painful, but it can also bring a lot of growth and new options. Best of luck!