Monday, October 2, 2023

Monday menus #39

 What a blur these past few days have been.  This is the view as I drove bright and early to Brenham on Friday to retrieve the dress my mother wanted to be buried in, clean out her kitchen, and get the locks on her doors re-keyed.
I had already made out my menu and started this post, and I will carry on cooking at home.  But I don't really feel like it.  Last week was so terrible.  This week is starting off sad.  Next week will be better.  And life still carries on.

Monday - kitchen closed {Mom's funeral}
Tuesday - Chipotle Taco Bowls with creamy avocado rice
Wednesday - Chicken in a Hurry, mashed potatoes, bbq beans
Thursday - Creamy Pumpkin Soup, garlic toast
Friday - Turkey Scampi over Pasta, honey carrots
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed {back to work}


Gina

9 comments:

wolfek said...

So sorry for your loss. I was afraid something had happened when you didn't have your last vlog. Praying for you in the coming days.

Angel said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Mom. My condolences to you and your family.

Cathy W said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Lynn said...

Sending you my condolences in this difficult and heartbreaking time.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am SO SORRY, Gina! What a terrible time for you, as I well remember from my own experience. The best thing that you can do to honor your mother is to live your best life. Also, please take condolence in knowing that you were a wonderful daughter to her. Thinking of you.

Joni said...

Sending you a hug! I am so sorry for your loss. It’s incredibly overwhelming to lose your mom. Take care.

Kim said...

Oh Gina, I'm so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much in past couple of years, my heart aches for you. Sending you prayers and a hug, my friend. Please take care of yourself.

Susan said...

I am so sorry to hear this. You have been through so much in the past few years. Please take care of yourself.

Lynda W said...

I am so sorry to hear you lost your Mom. Take very good care of yourself. 🌠