Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday menus #40

 I read a recent blog post that had to do with basically our homes not having to look magazine worthy all of the time.  While I agree with that as a practicality for homes that have kids and pets and people working jobs and family coming and going and the general craziness life brings...
...I have to tell you that on most days, this is what my home looks like.  And not just because my kids are grown. In fact, if you walked in at any time over the years and found it messy, you might immediately and correctly assume I was ill and laying in my bed.  A clean and tidy home has always been a source of calm for me in an un-calm world.  The home I grew up in was dirty and messy and shabby and unhappy most of the time.  I'm not saying my parents didn't provide for me and my siblings, but I'm also not saying that they put the health, safety, and happiness of (all of) their children first.  
My home will always be tidy.  Its who I am.

Monday - Sweet BBQ Chicken Salads (romaine, avocado, tomatoes, grated cheddar, purple onion, seasoned chicken breast strips)
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes, chips, pickles {getting the first bathroom tiled}
Wednesday - Mexican Pork Chops, black beans with pico, yellow squash
Thursday - Chicken and Stuffing Bake, green beans
Friday - Lasagna, salad, garlic bread {lunch with The Girl}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's me, too. I much happier and much more relaxed in a tidy home. Mine is for the opposite reason, I think. I grew up in a very tidy, organized home and I guess that's just what I'm used to...