Friday, October 6, 2023

5 thing Friday - trees, work shoes, latte, magazines, flowers

So much random here.
Friday before last the trees around my roof were trimmed.
All because the new homeowners insurance company, that was suggested to me by my insurance agent, decided the trees were shading the house a bit much.  And expensive tree pruning wasn't exactly in my budget.
If I sound annoyed by that, just know that I was.  However, I wasn't sad that less than 24 hours later, none of my tree limbs fell on the roof during a crazy thunderstorm that featured lots of wind.  And I got zero hail, whereas my sister's homes in Georgetown got plenty of that.  So silver linings and all.
I looked down at my work shoes and thought, hmmm...something is wrong here.
Using some credits and a sale, I ordered another pair. 
My work shoes are from Alegria and they have saved my feet from plantar fasciitis, which I always struggled with when I wore tennis shoes to work.  I can wear these for 12 hours, out of the box.
I should have showed a pic of the end result of me brewing pumpkin spice coffee over the rest of a can of whipped cream and a little sugar.  You'll just have to imagine that it worked out great and I had a delightful cuppa pumpkin spice latte.
I'm not exaggerating to say that I have brought home mountains of papers and mail from my mom's house.  I can barely think when I am there, so I bring it home to sort, file, shred, recycle.  The woman must've had 20 magazine subscriptions on every topic you can imagine: gardening, cooking, TV guides, archeology, farming, commentary, politics, short stories, travel, quilting, and more.  Not to mention she got so. much. junk. mail.  And I have had to sort through all of this giant haystack looking for bills, important papers, bank statements.  It makes me feel a little cray.
I put together a random bouquet for my mother's service.  Just something from me to her.  It featured 8 roses (one for each of her kids) and had a strange color combo - one that didn't work with the green ribbon I had on hand.  The Girl to the rescue with some wired burlap that was country chic.
I already miss my mother so much.


Gina 

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Sorry to hear that your mother has passed. So sad but probably better for her than to live in a care home for years on end.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I send prayers of comfort and peace to you are your family. Kathryn

Anonymous said...

The bouquet was a nice tribute. Thinking of you.

Debbie in the RGV

Kathy said...

So sorry for your loss, you've suffered much in the past couple years. My mom passed away 15 years ago next week. I've never stopped missing her, and I know you won't either. But recalling the memories eventually becomes a little less bitter and a little more sweet. Hugs to you.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

There’s so much to deal with after you’ve lost a loved one. I suppose you know that you can go online and have her mail forwarded to your house. Personally, I love magazines!

Kim said...

The bouquet was a lovely idea...and I get it. I miss my mom every day. Thinking of you.