Friday, December 1, 2023

Bedroom Christmas tree and blinged out snowflakes

 I have wanted a Christmas tree in my bedroom for a couple of years now.  Just something for pretty and to give a festive holiday vibe to the room.
This pre-lit flocked tree seems small for this area but its actually the perfect size for a bedroom!
I kept the top pretty simple - a snowflake pick, assorted bits of greenery,and some of that mesh ribbon.  But my favorite part is the clothespin snowflakes I made a couple years ago.
(Go here for a tutorial for the original craft)
I didn't want to paint them but thought they could use some bling so I hauled out my late MIL's costume jewelry and a bracelet from my grandmother.  I pulled the clip backs off the earrings and arranged them on the snowflakes just so, then I used hot glue to secure them.
Just the right amount of shabby chic!
These clothespins are from years ago and have their own history!
More random greenery was tucked into the tree, as well as crochet snowflakes I have had for years.  I tucked some burlap scraps in side of the tree collar to disguise the tree stand.  Then I added in some ornaments that I have had forever - pearly, glittery, iridescent, and girly.
(might spray paint the tree collar for next year!)
A little bit of Marie on my tree that I treasure, with her vintage jewelry from the 40s and 50s.  The pearl drop is from a Laura Ashley earring ca. 1987.
I put the tree on a timer so that it is on when I come home from work, then goes off at "lights out" around 10 p.m.  Then it comes back on at 6 a.m. to start my day off on a beautiful note.  Its the little things!
Happy December,


Gina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so fun! Enjoy:)

wolfek said...

Your tree is a 10/10!! Such beautiful stars with the jewelry for extra meaning. I admire your talent. I found you through frugal girl awhile back and enjoy your writings very much.

Kim said...

How pretty!! I love all the sparkle.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

The tree looks wonderful. I have a tree for my bedroom, as well as Christmas bedding. I am just not feeling it this year. I think having food poisoning three days after Thanksgiving didn’t help. I’m glad that I can live vicariously through you.

Beth Watson said...

These snowflakes are GORGEOUS, Gina!
Don't forget to join us over at the Creatively Crafty Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/
Followed and Pinned!
Creatively, Beth