Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Winter art

Last year when I un-decorated for Christmas, I left the gold metal angel art hanging in the front room.  I always meant to get around to moving her, then hanging the clock back up where she had been, but you know what they say about the best of intentions...  It would have left a big empty space over the bookcase*, which is where the clock had been.
But I knew I wanted to put it back where it belonged.  And I didn't want to spend any money to put something in that big empty space.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I saw an idea for making snowflakes out of clothespins from this blog.  I had a bunch of well-loved clothespins and made my own shabby chic version.  It was such fun that I made three more!
You can see traces of paint on a couple of them from some long ago art project.  {I finally gave up on hanging laundry on the patio when I went back to work full time!}  Using the snowflakes, a rustic wood frame, burlap ribbon, faux eucalyptus (all stuff I already had) and an hour of my time I made this:
I LOVE IT.
Its winter-y, not Christmas-y.
And it fits the space and the vibe of my decor perfectly.
{as as The Girl says, looks prettier in person}
Since the snowflakes are tied on to the frame with baker's twine, I can easily change them out to something else as the seasons change. 
Whatcha think?


Gina

Shared with:

*what's in that bookcase?  Everyone's old yearbooks from grade school on...

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love those snowflakes. I've also seen some this season that were made from paper bags and they're so charming. Perfect transition decor.

Kathy said...

That looks great! I love how creative you are.