Monday, January 3, 2022

Empty Nest Menu #101

For a couple of weeks I tried to wing it with dinners and basically, it was too hard.
 Red Lentil Spaghetti topped with Italian sausage and marinara, side of spinach

I was feeding myself, but I wasn't really enjoying it, since I didn't have a good plan in place for days when I was too tired from work and had nothing prepped.
Dinners seemed like too much trouble.  I can't cook on the fly like that, I get too tired to think.
Leftover chicken strips, salad, a zucchini

Sauteed red pepper, mozzarella stuffed gnocci, tilapia

So.
Back to the menus - Empty Nest, because "new life" sounds more joyous than it actually is.
******
 
Monday - Grilled Chicken, Lemon Rosemary Zucchini {on call thru Th}
Tuesday - Jalapeno Salmon Burger with avocado and tomato (and chips, if there are any in the pantry left from Christmas)
Wednesday - Wine Wednesday with The Girl {my first grief counseling appointment, trees pruned, undecorate from Christmas}
Thursday - Poblano Lime Tilapia, side salad {work on the yards day}
Friday - Crock Pot Country Ribs, baked sweet potato, broccoli
Saturday - Freezer clean out item, salad {thrift shop in Burnet, check on Highlands, beer at STW}
Sunday - Chicken Enchiladas, Garden Lime Crunch Chopped Salad, Mexican Street Corn (The Girl is coming to dinner)


Gina

2 comments:

Davey Bacaron Designs said...

Love all the yummy and healthy foods here!

Cathy W said...

I admire you for planning meals so well. I have ended up getting a meal service delivered weekly. I get 3 meals/2 servings each. Cook one day and warm up the next. Hope you find the grief counseling beneficial. I did a loss of spouse group counseling and really found it helpful.