Friday, December 31, 2021

5 thing Friday - popcorn, disco, Christmas tree, spaces, ring

I bought one of those $5 tins of popcorn, intending to snack while I watched a couple of Christmas movies.  My favorite thing to do is remove the dividers and shake the tin like mad until it is mixed:
I never did watch those movies, but I have enjoyed me some sweet and savory popcorn - I don't think I will ever tire of popcorn no matter what season it is.
Not a great pic, but I couldn't believe it when I saw these "disco" chocolate chips at Wal-Mart.  Hubby would have chuckled.  Somewhere out in the garage we have an electric mirror ball from the late seventies.  I made the cookies following the bag recipe and they were just ok, not great.
Another shot of the Christmas tree.  I am waiting until Wednesday to take it it all down and re-deco the house.  I'm thinking about furniture changes and just looking at my spaces in a different way.
Briefly I considered just one chair in the bedroom.  But it looked weird.  The laundry landed here for a day or two until I came home from work and thought "enough is enough" and spent half an hour putting it all up.  That got me to thinking about a schedule for myself.  Something to keep me from being at loose ends in the evenings.
A clean and kept bedroom is a comfort to me at the end of the day, so I will make sure to make it so before I leave the house in the mornings.
My peeps went in on a family ring for me as a Christmas gift.  It felt sad for me to wear my wedding rings, as looking at them reminded me of loss.  But it also felt weird for my finger to be empty.  This ring is a love knot, but to me it symbolizes much more - the bond between my kids and myself.
Happy New Year's Eve
I for one, an ready for 2021 to be officially over.


Gina

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I've been wearing my wedding ring ever since my husband passed away 5-1/2 years ago. I figured that I would considering I didn't marry him for the rest of his life, I married him for the rest of mine. Strangely, over the holidays it broke and fell off my finger. It feels very weird to not be wearing a ring. Happy New Year! Here's hoping for good things in 2022.

Bobi said...

Disco chips? Ick! Thanks for sharing, I needed the laugh. Like you, I also need a schedule. I'm retired and lack discipline. If you figure out how to keep yourself on one, please share. I have no trouble making schedules, it's sticking to them that stymies me.

Kristen said...

I love the ring that you have; what a thoughtful thing for your kids to get for you!