Monday, December 13, 2021

What the week holds and Christmas shopping is DONE

Mrs. Claus was busy this last Saturday 
I am 99.99% done.  Just a few tweaks to do here and there.

This week I am getting a menu together for Christmas and making out a monster grocery list.  I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday which I am tempted to cancel.  My little voice says "no don't do that, Gina, you've got to take care of yourself!".  But I know the hygienist will talk about Mark as he was her patient, too, and I don't feel up to answering questions with her hands in my mouth the whole time.  So in advance, I will practice setting a boundary.
Friday is payday and I will pay the taxes on Highlands.  Saturday I may run up and check on the property.  I also need a calm and quiet space to write a personal Christmas card to each one of my children.  Somewhere in there I will get to the store very early to buy groceries.
My scrubs are clean, meals are prepped, my house is decorated and clean.
I'm ready for the week.


Gina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have one of the kids call the dentist and let them put the word out that you don't want to talk about Mark during the appointment? Or say something like, "Hey, this is a really hard time of year for me. Can we please keep the conversation light and away from harder topics?" I can call for you, if needed. <3

Anonymous said...

I hope the hygienist doesn’t go there! Sometimes I get the nosy hygienist, and she loves to talk about my husband. Usually it’s about how she told him years ago to take care of his teeth better, blah, blah. I ignore her! It’s not easy when she’s sitting inches from me, but I don’t respond, and she gets the message. I hope you’re able to get the cleaning without any stress!
Susan