Friday, December 3, 2021

5 thing Friday - stitching, ramen, smoothies, coffee pot, cooking for one

One good thing came out of the pandemic for The Girl - she discovered a love for embroidery, crochet, and knitting.   
Many of the pieces she has completed, like this owl she stitched for my birthday, are so detailed and neat, you would think she had been doing it for years, maybe taught by her mother or grandmother.  Nope.  She learned from You Tube.
When my children make me gifts...its just the best.  Stitching by The Girl, homemade pumpkin bread from Scout, painted terra cotta pots with an aloe vera from Dutch and Scout...I love them all.
My birthday was a great day.  We did some things around the house, saw my sister and BIL who brought me a beautiful James Avery charm, and had ramen and potstickers at local ramen restaurant.
aaand beer, and I promise I was having a good time! {man, I look tired...}
Oh, and crispy cauliflower with pine nuts.
A cold front was blowing in as we sat on the patio.  Everything was so good, it makes me want to make ramen at home with my very own homemade bone broth from the Thanksgiving turkey.  On my list for lunch this weekend.
Smoothies for breakfast are perfect for when I have zero appetite but must be able to work without fainting until 12:30.  This one was a bit over-full!
My old coffee pot finally gave out.  It wasn't keeping the coffee hot, and I'm not sure the brew cycle was even using hot enough water.  But oh my goodness, the new one, a 5 cup space saver, looks like a child's plaything.  At least it works.  I'm keeping my cocoa packets here and will get some of those soft peppermint sticks to add to the holly goblet.
The freezer is stocked and has plenty of things for one person to eat.  Which feels very weird to me, as I have not fed just me since college.  (and I could barely afford to even eat) There's no point posting menus as they aren't going to vary all that much...I stocked up on protein and veggies, and I rounded it off with eggs, fruit, cereal and coconut milk.
Time for a little mealtime freedom.


Gina

2 comments:

Cathy W said...

I ended up subscribing to a food box (home chef, blue apron, etc) I get 3 meals that serve 2 each. I cook one night and have left overs the next. Works well for me. There are usually good coupons for new subscribers

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

The coffee pot is adorable! Mine went out a couple of years ago and, for whatever reason, I bought another 12 cup pot. In fact, I bought one exactly like the one that had gone out. I guess it was because I knew that it was a good one, but I generally only make five cups, or fewer. I need to look into getting one like yours. That is so cute!