Friday, January 21, 2022

5 thing Friday - resin art, Spam, craft closet, friend, cooking

 Sweet resin art made by Dutch!
She made all of us one for Christmas - some were clip-on fobs, some were keychains.  My mother always called her crafts "tacky homemades" but I treasure these types of gifts.  Dutch decided not to continue her Etsy shop, so now we are the lucky recipients!
I cleared all of the zombie apocalypse canned foods out of the barn at Highlands and decided to enjoy some Spam and potatoes with a fried egg.  Say what you want about Spam, I like it.  Does that mean I will start buying it regularly? No.
Part of what I love about being at home on weekends is that I get to be creative.  And now I have a storage space that supports that.  Everything is organized and labeled and I could not be more pleased.
There is a sweet cafe in downtown Giddings that my friend Carol and I like to meet up at.  Apparently they are known for pizza?  We always have sammies.
We ate lunch and chatted for a couple of hours.  Then exchanged "New Year's gifts" and decided to meet up again before too long.  Her daughter is getting married in April, so I might see her a couple of times this year.
Slowly, I'm on the road back to myself.
She's been telling me that she's doing more cooking at home, so I gave her some of my tried and true recipes, along with a pullover apron and some other kitchen goodies.  I think I might go get myself one of those aprons as they can be useful for cleaning, crafting, etc.
Which I am SURE I will be doing this weekend!


Gina

No comments: