Friday, January 7, 2022

January cleaning

When January hits, I start cleaning.  I was home bound last Sunday so I focused on the laundry area and the kitchen, both in need of purging and freshening.
In the laundry "nook" I replaced the shelf liner and wiped everything down.
I made space on the upper shelf to store some Christmas stuff.  Along the way I fixed one of the doors that came off the track, replaced the knobs, and used a magic eraser to clean up.
Mischief managed.
In the kitchen I fell down the rabbit hole of 
WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY COFFEE MUGS
Every time Mark went to a summer camp with the boys, he bought a mug.  Bubbie mentioned he wanted more coffee mugs, so these are earmarked for him.
Please note that I am one person here and I still have Christmas mugs, china cups, pottery mugs, insulated mugs, photo mugs...
This is the rest of the stuff I purged from cabinets and if any of my peeps want it, they better come get it before I make the next run to Goodwill.
Why did I have so many large casserole dishes down here?  Because we were a family of six and they came in handy once upon a time.  I moved them into a far corner for holidays.  There is empty space now and I can easily reach the stuff I use regularly.
Same for the plastic stuff.  A lot of it is holding leftovers in the freezer, tho.
The amount of glassware we have is reedonkerus.  This is after purging.  I don't have to play a game of Tetris to get it to all fit now.
I cleared some space on top of the counters, wiped everything down, put up all of the Christmas kitchen stuff, moved my plant babies to the window seat, ran the dishwasher after I also purged the fridge and freezer, cleaned in the pantry, scrubbed the sink, mopped.
Whew.
The Google Lady kept me focused with smooth jazz...It felt really good to be productive and now I am ready to tackle another area of the house!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Isn’t it funny how once January hits, everybody starts to clean? I am involved in a cleaning program that I found on Instagram, where supposedly you can keep your house neat and tidy in 15 minutes a day. Every day there’s a different task. I did pretty well the first week, but in some cases, that 15 minutes turned out to be two hours. Still, I’m liking the way the place is looking. Good luck to us both and our new cleaning endeavors!