Friday, January 28, 2022

5 thing Friday - crafts, tees, cedar chest, purses, wreath

 On Wine Wednesday, The Girl and I socialize and debrief, and she shows me all of the crafty things she's been working on.  I continue to be amazed at all of the sewing skills she learned off You Tube during the pandemic.  She puts my craftiness to shame.
I mean just look at that.
Speaking of crafting, my next big project (after the cross stitch prayer) is to make a tee shirt quilt from Mark's eleventy billion Dad tee shirts.  I washed all of them (OMG the stench of mothballs - not for the faint), then cut them down a bit.  Then I ordered a large square ruler to use as a guide and some interfacing for tee shirt material.  Some of the shirts I just cannot cut.
The one that says "Coach" that he wore for each of his babies' births.  The tie dye one we made him one summer so that he could match the kids when he took them places on summer weekends.  The "Best Dad Ever Hands Down" one that has my kids (and my) handprints in fabric paint on the front.
Tripping down memory lane here.  I pause often and cry.
The cedar chest project is a slow go.  The patch job is not beautiful and I am giving it time to fully dry so I can figure out if I care about it that much.  Its the things in the chest that I was trying to save, not the chest itself.  Which, as it turns out, has extensive damage on the outside, too.  Bummer.  It will work for its intended purpose, its just not pretty.  I resolve to reach a stopping point this weekend, because the next phase is scanning many old documents and portraits.
I put this bottom bar in my closet to good use by hanging my purses and tote bags on it, but something seemed off.  Aside from the fact that I need those hangers, it looked messy.
Behold - the power of 3 inch binder rings.  They are strong, open and close easily, and slide along the rod like buttah.  I am pleased.
The inspiration for my next front door wreath - I am taking down winter decor this weekend and moving forward into pre-Spring.  Is that a thing?
Happy weekend!


Gina

3 comments:

Cathy W said...

Great idea for the purses! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Please let us know how the t-shirt quilt goes once you get started. I would really love to do with with some of favorite baby outfits (for my son who is not much of a baby anymore).

Kim said...

My daughter also became a YouTube crafting junkie over the past two years. Crocheting and baking like crazy and as you said, she puts my crafting talents to shame. Your daughter's creating is amazing.