Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Big project: trees

At the end of September, I contacted a tree service to come look at the mess at Camp Rustown.  Lots of deadwood branches, uncontrolled growth over the roof and patio, two trees tangled in each other from the February ice storm, branches extending too far out over the street, a dying oak in the back yard... 
I was thrilled when the day arrived to get it done!
They arrived bright and early and they couldn't have picked a prettier day.
I stayed out of their way and expended some nervous energy by taking Christmas down in the front room.
Let there be light!

I didn't think about how loud it would be to remove a tree, but I hope the neighbors forgive me for chainsaws at 8:30 a.m.  Also?  I knew there would be a mess of leaves and small twigs, but holy cow I had a lot to blow out of the red rocks and rake off the front yard the next day!
Lots of space and light!

Nothing touching the patio roof!

The amazing haircut the front oak got should last it for a couple years...and my lawn will get much needed air, sun, and rain.  There's hope yet for the grass.

No branches to touch my car when they get weighed down with rain or ice.

Hopefully the side of the house will get more sun and air overall - the grass hasn't grown back here in years and there is a green coating on the bricks.  No more branches tangled in the neighbor's flowering shrub and more sun means maybe it will be able to bloom this spring.

They were done in a little over three hours and I got everything ship shape inside, too.  Won't it be nice to have more sun through these windows?  And a view of not just dirt but maybe a healthy lawn?  I am giddy thinking about it!
Hello, sky.
Hello a big thing crossed off the list.
I think Hubby would have approved!


Gina

No comments: