Friday, January 13, 2023

5 thing Friday - windows, thrifting, cross stitch, groceries, Firstborn

 Much as I love this kitchen bay window, I probably should put up some sort of window covering since the house next door has finally sold.  
Blinds are exorbitant for the type and size I want, and I need something that won't damage the wall.
I'm thinking I will use a heavy duty extension rod and gauzy fabric with curtain clips.  Even burlap would do.  I don't want to lose the light in here, just gain a little privacy.
It feels like I haven't been to a thrift store in forever.  I made a run to Goodwill to donate some stuff from that hall closet and picked up a cute summer top, a pullover dress to wear with leggings, 2 novels, and a basket for washcloths in my linen closet - $20 bucks.  Not really cheap - I need to exercise my thrift store shopping muscle a bit.
A friend of mine posted this pic on her Instagram and I was smitten.  I sketched out the heart with all of its symbols, sans the writing, and it is my current project.
I may make several of them for gifts, in different colors.
I am on track with my grocery budget.  Its actually not impossible, I just have to be creative and plan, plan, plan.  Not just what's for dinner, but lunch and breakfast, too.  And I have to say, I eat fairly well.
Firstborn has a birthday next Wednesday.  You would never know to look at him, but he was a small baby and always in the 50th percentile or less on the growth charts.  The pediatrician was always concerned about his small size, but to me he looked perfect and he was such a happy baby!  I'm glad I didn't worry about it too much - but for sure I will tell my own kids when they become parents someday:  trust yourself and your own instincts.  If your child is pooping, they are eating.  If they are playing and sleeping and laughing, they are likely healthy.  And if they kiss you and tell you, I love you, Mom, (especially when they are adult)  you did all the right things. 
Happy Friday the 13th!


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so impressed with your needlework skills. I looked back at your photos several times where you said you sketched the pattern out yourself. That is talent!!