Monday, August 17, 2026

What the week holds and its still full-on Summer

Other than the crepe myrtle and the fig tree, nothing much is blooming in my yards. We need a really good rain! Since its the hottest time of the year here, fall seems very far away. 
Its going to be 5 days off in a row for me, which will feel like a mini vacay so what's on the agenda?
*water and mow the backyard
*get the back gate repaired
*go to book club on Tuesday
*learn a new CE compliance tracking system via Zoom
*power wash the back patio
*re-set the sprinkler system
*clean outside of back house windows (super easy)
*rest, read, relax
I mean, its nice to get things done - it feels very satisfying. I have a tough time just doing nothing. But I also maybe want to go see a movie, eat a lunch out, read a new book, sew something.
What does your week look like?


Gina

6 comments:

wolfek said...

Your figs look beautiful. Do you eat them?

Kim said...

I'm with you, I have a hard time doing nothing. I find joy in my accomplishments, but it does feel good to just sit sometimes. Enjoy your 5 days off!

Cat said...

I never do nothing, but just because reading isn't nothing for me and I often enough choose a book over chores :-D
Enjoy your time off whatever you do!

Granny Marigold said...

Have a great 5 days off. We're back to hot here so I'm not getting much done outside.

MELODY JACOB said...

A five-day mini-vacation is absolute bliss, even if your list is packed with things like fixing gates and power washing! I totally get that itch to stay busy too. There is something so satisfying about checking off outdoor chores before kicking back with a good book or heading to book club. Our yard is baking in this relentless heatwave as well, so I completely feel your pain about needing a solid downpour. My week is a bit of a mixed bag of work and trying to squeeze in some reading, but I am definitely living vicariously through your movie-date and sewing plans. What movie are you hoping to go see if you manage to squeeze it in?

Juhli said...

Hope you are enjoying your week so far and still checking things off your list. This is a family heavy week for us plus checking lots of house things off.