Friday, August 28, 2026

5 thing Friday - kimchi fries, dead lawn, pop-ups project, empty fridge, pecan tree

I've been eating most of my meals at home, but I do take myself to a new-to-me place now and again for lunch.
There is a tiny restaurant near me that makes kimchi fries with bulgogi that I enjoyed yesterday. Looks like it is family owned and the lady working there with her daughter were very friendly.  Customer service goes a long way with me, so I will go back and try some other things.
Most people's lawns in my neighborhood look similar to mine - struggling. The heat here is terrible - temps over 100 every day and no rain. I don't even know what I am watering.
For some reason, the backyard is doing much better.  Both of them could benefit from the sprinkler system being back on line.
So today I need to get out there and begin the process by marking all of the pop-ups with flags.  I also want to rig a sort of flow thru for a spot near the front door that floods when it rains. (which seems ironic) 
Have you ever done a deep clean on your fridge, tossing out things that you know you won't get to and ruthlessly culling through the condiments, then stand back and think "well, I have nothing to eat"?  I mean I do have Coke Zero, eggs, and bread, so there's that.  Today I need to visit Ye Olde grocery store and prep meals for work.
The pecan tree that the neighbor and I share got a big chop. It needed it, and now my oak tree will not have to fight so hard to get some sun back here. This pecan tree was planted by a squirrel, right on the fence line, many years ago, from some pecans my mother sent home with us to shell.
It produces many nuts, which the squirrels love to eat under my table.  I think they were doing the same to the neighbor, so he screened in his patio.  I would be cleaning this every. single. day. so I'm just not stressing it.  There's no one here but me anyway.  And now I'm off to buy food! Have a great Friday!


Gina

No comments: