We're at that part of the summer where I feel like I kind of fell behind in what I wanted to accomplish. But I know in my heart that isn't 100% true since I have cleaned and sealed the deck, had mower maintenance done, made progress on the photo project, took a vacay, arranged for the trees to be pruned, visited the dentist...and a whole lot more.
Step 1 - gather your supplies
Along the way, mini projects cropped up: rebuild paver steps, buy a sprayer and learn how to use it, clean out the tool chest, re-weatherstrip the front door, build another gallery wall, deep clean the garbage and recycle bins, got rid of some china, get a mammo, arrange a bulky item pick up, spray for ants, replace the bulbs in the garage door openers, blah blah blah.
A clean deck makes the patio slab look grungy
The deck cleaning and sealing took less time than I thought it would. Now to clean the patio slab and give the furniture a thorough spray down, too. And I need to mow. But I will wait until the tree crew finishes today.
the patio set got a fresh coat of paint and is waiting to be replaced
Yes, it makes me feel capable to handle things. No, I would not have otherwise chosen to learn and do all that I have without becoming a widow first. And yes, I have tried to keep a balance of caring for my home and caring for myself. But my goodness - there's just so much to do. We are halfway done with August and I have only 7 items left on my summer list. Can I get them done in 2 weeks?
We'll see. Not today though.
Gina



10 comments:
That is a huge amount of items to have checked off. I hope now you get a chance to enjoy your backyard and relax a bit.
You have accomplished a lot! You go girl!
I am always amazed at what you do. I think you have accomplished a lot. Sometimes I think we women are way too hard on ourselves, particularly when widowed. We want to keep things going exactly the way they had been, and that’s not really possible. This is the time of the year when my enthusiasm for a lot of things wanes. The garden is starting to fail, it’s too blasted hot to spend any time outside, and I honestly don’t feel like doing a thing.
Even if the seven things don't get all the way done, still, wow.wow on what you've already accomplished. Very, very cool.
Well, as it seems to stay sumner until October lately, I'm stretching my project list knowing I still won't get half completed. We don't have a choice to learn and do thi gs ourselves. I still hate that, but must anyway.
You really do seem to accomplish so much around the house and most of them are not quick and easy tasks either!
I'm glad you do realize how much you accomplished already this summer.If you don't get the last 7 items it will still be okay. Maybe add them to your Fall list.
Your to-do/done lists inspire me!
yes the heat of summer makes us all slow down mightily
You are incredible, you have accomplished a huge amount! You've faced some daunting tasks over the past few years and taken care of it. You are truly an inspiration.
Post a Comment