My weeks pretty much blur into each other with all of the days going about the same:
Saturday, Sunday - 12 hours shifts at the hospital.
Leave the house at 640ish, clock in at 7 am, clock out at 730pm. Rinse and repeat for Monday, but everything slides forward 1 hour.
The commute is nice, the parking is nice, I like my co-workers, the work load is doable. But on Monday night, I am spent. So, Tuesday is my day to do laundry, buy food, and relax with no big plans. That leaves Wednesday through Friday to do projects, creative things, cleaning, etc. Its a comfortable routine now, 3 years in to my new job. This week:
*I'm meeting a friend for a beer
*have a telehealth appointment
*reviewing my budget
*selling some stuff back to Half Price Books
*doing some yardwork
*on-call Wednesday
*working on my family history
*seeing the dentist for a cleaning
On Friday, I will food prep for the weekend, do some light housework, take myself to lunch, and read. Bed by 9 pm.
Right now, the days and weeks look predictable and for that, I am mostly glad. Its a different place than I assumed I would be in 5 years ago. I know it won't be this way forever, and I will have to adjust the days again in the future to add even more free time and pursuits.
Not all change is bad, right?
Gina


No comments:
Post a Comment