Friday, January 20, 2023

5 thing Friday - hearts, timber, hamcakes, shelf liners, Scout

A friend of mine asked if I were still making hearts for IFAQH and I realized its been a while since I stitched some up.
So I did and now I need to find new places to leave them!
Another friend is coming over on Saturday to haul away these landscape timbers to make a new raised bed garden.  These have been in my garage for years.  They were a playscape, and after he disassembled it,  Mark couldn't bear to part with them.  Well, I'm parting with them! I hope my friend has a very successful garden with some timber that has good vibes and memories.
When you add bits of chopped spiral sliced ham to your pancakes you get "hamcakes"!  They were delish, but I will likely not do a spiral sliced ham for Christmas next year and I don't think I will ever buy this flavor ham again - Pecan Praline.  Not great.
I saw some neat shelf liners for your fridge on Amazon and thought "I bet I could find a cheaper alternative at Dollar Tree" and of course, I did!
These place mats are easy to wipe clean and they protect the glass from getting further scratched.  Plus, they add pretty!
I also bought two dish mats in aqua that I trimmed down to fit perfectly in the drawers.  {yes, my fridge contents look fairly sparse, today is groceries day}
100% stole this pic from Scout's Insta.  I wish for he and Dutch to have a great year - that's really all I want for all of my kids.  That they be happy, well-adjusted adults who make their way in this world. 
What mother doesn't want that?


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I like the idea of adding ham to pancakes. I’ve added crumbled bacon, so why not? I completely understand your disappointment with that particular flavor. I have found that those various flavors tend to not enhance the ham.

Kim said...

Love the hearts and the ham cakes...wow, never thought of that! Yum!!