Friday, January 27, 2023

5 thing Friday - Leopard Moth, hard day, tacos, calendar, curtains

One day this week, as I was waiting for the elevator on the top floor of the parking garage, I saw this very pretty moth, just chillin' on the sidewalk.  He/she was in a high traffic area and yet still alive when I left 8 1/2 hours later.
Leopard Moth (Zeuzera pyrina)
I have actually never seen one, so I had to take his/her photo!
Kind of amazing that a bird didn't eat him/her all day up here.  
 
Thursday (yesterday) was not a stellar day.  It started out at 7:15 with a mammogram, then traffic, then delish breakfast tacos at this place with its pretty stained glass windows and poopy bird floor, then more traffic, then a rough day at work that also featured continued stomach pain* and a mild bout of vertigo, more traffic, dinner at home, then early to bed because omg I was so DONE.
A pretty handmade calendar arrived in the mail from my sister!  Since we are almost done with January, I made sure to note three very important days, in order: my MIL Marie, Spencer (aka Firstborn), and Mark.  The passage of time in general is not lost on me.
I made those curtains for the kitchen window and they don't photograph well, but I love them.  They are nothing more than burlap panels hanging from cafe clips on a heavy duty tension rod.
Burlap is very easy to sew, and since I had a coupon from Joann, I spent $10 on both panels so I would count that as a frugal win for a little shade and perhaps some privacy in my kitchen.
Happy Last weekend of January!


Gina

*For whatever reason, gastritis struck this week.  If God is trying to tell me something, I still haven't figured out what it is.

No comments: