Wednesday, July 6, 2022

When I'm "on call"

When I am on call (every six weeks or so), I make a list of little chores and projects to do around the house to bide my time until the phone rings.  This last weekend, I didn't get called in at all, but I stayed close to home. 
I scrubbed my shower stall and hung a new Command hook for my shower pouf.
Then I got inspired and hung two more in the garden tub so I could stop draping things on the faucet.  
I also:
*picked up my grocery curbside order
*made myself a good dinner
*soaked my feet and gave myself a pedicure
*did some minor organizing in the garage and tossed some stuff
*ran the carpet cleaner on the high traffic areas
*caught up on a couple of my shows
I moved one of the potted plants outside since it was starting to look like a window jungle in my kitchen.  After I wiped everything down, I mopped, using some grapefruit essential oil in the mop water.  Then stood back and admired it.
I put together a basket by the back door to hold a bath sheet, sunscreen, bug spray, flip flops, and my hat.  Then I laid out on my camp cot and caught some rays.
I also:
*replaced the air filters
*ran some errands
*worked on a fun yarn craft
*made potato salad
*cleaned off the back patio
*cut back the photinia that was taking over the side of the house and bundled all of the limbs 
Its not pretty, but I can actually get back there to store my trashcans and the neighbor probably appreciates being able to access his, as well. The big area of dirt is the shade imprint.  Hopefully the grass will fill in.
For July 4th, my peeps (except Bubbie) came for lunch.  I did grilled hot dogs, potato salad, BBQ beans, and we had some delightful spiked jalapeno limeade.  Everyone left after a couple of hours - they all had things they needed to do for the workweek.  And since I was on my own for dinner, I made a quick trip to pick up chicken strips and fixed some knock-off Cane's sauce* which was tasty.
I also:
*folded a couple loads of towels
*did food prep for the week and packed up leftovers
*journaled and read
*ordered myself a magnifying glass
*cleaned the disposal and ran a giant load of dishes

Then I set out my scrubs, packed my lunch, and got a good night's sleep!


Gina

*for my version I mixed ketchup, mayo, Worchestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  I Googled it and just picked the first recipe that popped up!  If I had had any fresh lemon juice to put in it, I would have.  It needs a kick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for the knock-off canes sauce? My kiddo loves it!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with all you accomplished! And I love all the self care you worked in.