Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Quiet times

Its been a quiet two weeks for me - not too much news to tell and with just little ole me here, kinda boring, which is 100% ok.    I've had a lot of time to sit and really think about my new mantra: "what does Gina want?"  The answer to that in the long term is coming along, but in small everyday ways, I apply it, too.
Hearts I sewed for IFAQH

What does Gina want to eat? {not salmon!} How does she want to spend her free time? {not at Highlands!}  What time does she want to go to bed? {whenever she damn well wants to!} How does she want the house to look?  {must be painted, needs new flooring} What does she want to keep? {not two of everything!}  To toss? {this leather couch needs to GO} Stuff like that.  I basically,  finally, gave myself permission to put my wants first.
I'm just going to casually leave this right here...

So in the midst of that, focusing on me, I haven't had too much news to fill two blogs with.  I will still post, just maybe not as often?  I dunno.  It kind of feels like there's no "family" news to post here.  The kids are all off and doing their own thing:  Firstborn at his job in Georgetown as a mechanic, The Girl in Austin as a CPA, Scout and Dutch are quietly living married life, both working at a grocery store, and Bubbie is earning some money over the summer in his college town.  And I don't have anything currently I want to rant about on the other blog.  But I'm sure I will...eventually.  
Lots to think about and decide, and there's no rush...


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

I think it's important to put your wants first sometimes. I also love your hearts and the reason you make them. Very sweet...

Ginny said...

I am enjoying reading your blog and hope you continue - as a 57 year old woman with children beginning to fly the nest I often wonder what I actually want myself.. I should keep a list of things I want or like, now that I have a little time to actually do what i want..