Friday, June 10, 2022

Father's Day 2022

I came across this photo while I was getting rid of some old files.  Its me, The (unborn) Girl, Mark, and Firstborn.  All four of us on the "Ginamac" boat.  Me sunning, Mark teaching Firstborn how to fish, waiting for a new baby's arrival, enjoying our Summer of 1991.
 
All of us blissfully unaware of the future, frozen in time.
Happy Father's Day*, Mark.  I could not have picked a better Daddy for my children.  We all miss you terribly, but I will smile through the tears next Sunday, remembering you and what a huge difference you made in our lives.


Gina


*someone asked me last weekend what I had planned for Father's Day and I told her about Mark, she said "I did not see that coming...".  So then I felt a little like a jerk, but there's no sense in not owning that reality, is there? 

2 comments:

Bobi said...

If it makes you feel any better(which it probably won't, but...), we're childless but regularly get wished Happy Mother's Day or Happy Father's Day. It used to irritate me and I'd feel I had to correct people but it obviously made them feel awkward so I've mostly stopped doing that. I personally kinda wish people would not try to share if they don't know another person's circumstances. Firsts of everything are hard for those grieving; wishing you the best!

Jenny said...

Yes, it can be really complicated. New reader here, thinking of you.